I suppose this being the first post and all, some introductions are in order. My name is Tim Roth, and I live in Musoma, Tanzania with my wife, Jeana, and our 3-year old daughter Micaiah. We are an American family living as missionaries here on the shores of Lake Victoria. We arrived in Tanzania in January 2007.
I work as a linguist with Bantu languages and peoples in the area to try and give them user-friendly orthographies (alphabets), so that one day soon they can have access to the Bible in their own language. I'm privileged to be here with my better half, Jeana, who holds down the fort with a wily 3-year old while I'm gone all day.
So, what's this blog about? We really want the blog to revolve around one main question: How does God call us to live as missionaries in the 21st century? We would really like it to be about our everyday lives here in Tanzania; our struggles, questions, relationships, highlights, lowlights, successes, failures, reflections, changes in perspective, etc. We want it to be serious, but lighthearted and easy to read at the same time. What's the point of sharing your life in such a way that people are bored to tears by it?
I will probably do most of the posting, but Jeana will contribute as well. (Micaiah might try, but be warned: there might be a lot of talk about Dora the Explorer.) We also hope to provide ample opportunity for feedback from you all as well.
-T.M.
Are Our Headlights Out? (July 26, 2021)
5 years ago


1 comment:
Welcome to Blogger!
Post a Comment