I used to think that homemade pizza was just a sad excuse for poor people who didn't want to order it. I first learned how to make pizza in TZ (as a taste from home), and have been working on my technique/recipes ever since. I think I finally have it!
There are no pictures from the homemade pizza we had this evening simply because it's gone. And I didn't realize until now that I'd want to blog about it! But it was so amazing that I need to give it a spot on the blog.
So what is the perfect pizza? For me it is a whole wheat crust over a lightly oiled pan with cornmeal sprinkled on. Then some sauce (I used to make this from scratch, but I'm enjoying the canned kind for now, some cheese, some ground-beef-sauteed-with-onions, some pepperoni, and some more cheese. I guess I'm kind of childish in my preference to keep veggies off my pizza. But for me, meat and cheese is the way to go! (Although the occasional pineapple chunk doesn't bother me a bit.) :)
--JLR
Are Our Headlights Out? (July 26, 2021)
5 years ago


3 comments:
Sounds good! We were given a breadmaker a couple of weeks ago, and Laura did homemade pizza in it last week - was amazing!
We were there thinking... it looks so good... shall we take a photo? No let's eat it!!!
I would love your crust recipe. I am struggling to find one that will work in my Kitchen Aid. I switched to a Kitchen Aid from a bread machine, because I only used the dough cycle on the bread machine (and I burned out the motor on the bread machine), but now my recipes don't carry over, so I am starting from scratch a little bit.
I also had a thought on your previous post, and the Sonlight Forums are a great place to find from scratch recipes. You have to order a certain amount to get access to the forums, but if you do order from Sonlight, then you can get on the Forums and the section for recipe sharing...lots of great stuff from people all over the world, who are ready to answer requests for recipes.
Thanks for the recipe suggestion, Katie! I will keep that in mind as we prepare to order our first batch of curriculum this summer (mostly from MFW, but possibly bits from all over).
I do all my kneading by hand-- I actually enjoy the dough process and so all my recipes are by hand. You're welcome to what I have. I'll post it on the blog today. :)
Post a Comment