Last year for Christmas I received a silicone bundt cake pan as a gift. When we return to Tanzania, I'm hoping to have a full set of silicone cake and cupcake pans because they are so light-weight compared to metal pans! I also love the way you can bend them to loosen the cake, and need little to no oil/shortening to keep cake from sticking. I've even been using a silicone baking mat that helps cookies cook evenly without getting stuck! But enough with my fascination with silicone bakeware... :)
I quickly realized that I didn't have many recipes to use in my new bundt cake pan since the idea of making bundt cakes has always been more of a nice idea than a practicality. I've tried a few and just the other day ran across this one from Martha Stewart.com and made it for our small group last night. It was so yummy! Sorry, I have no pics-- it was mostly gone before I even thought of it! I did make one change-- I added a small amount of cinnamon to the glaze. I had been planning to just do a dusting of powdered sugar, but then realized that I had done this too soon (the cake was still warm) and so the appearance was not what I wanted. Hence the cinnamon glaze.
Anyone have other bundt cake recipes that I could try?? Here are a few ideas I'm currently searching for... lemon poppyseed bundt cake, traditional coffee cake, sour cream coffee cake, chocolate cake, and pound cake. Let me know if you have any ideas!
-JLR
Are Our Headlights Out? (July 26, 2021)
5 years ago


7 comments:
I got rid of my bundt pan after about 5 years of it sitting useless. Maybe I'll become inspired to find another one. I think a lemon poppy-seed recipe might just be the ticket. :) I'll wait patiently if you want to try a few and let me know what works. :)
Sure thing, Katie! The reason I love bundt cakes is because they typically can get by with a dusting of powdered sugar or a light glaze rather than a full-out frosting/icing. Don't get me wrong, I love icing, but it's kind of a weakness. :) Plus these type of cakes seem to go really well with afternoon coffee/tea. I'll let you know if I come across any good recipes.
I am also coming to love those afternoon coffee treats. I love quick breads, mostly because they are so easy. But I have been making scones much more frequently too. I'll post the scone recipe to my blog today. And I'll be waiting with anticipation...lemon poppy seed bundt cake with a light glaze...my mouth is watering!
caramel monkey bread at
www.favfamilyrecipes.com/2010/06/
Thanks so much for the recommendation! I don't know that I've ever tried a homemade version of monkey bread since we only ever used the canned dough... I can't wait to try this!
Hi from colleagues in Congo!
I don't know if they've improved the silicone bakeware any, but we bought lots of them in 2003 and within a year all of them had cracks and holes and had to be thrown out. It might be that baking with a gas oven is different too. Glad yours are working for you!
We are originally from the Seattle area and are coming home for Cmas in 3 weeks and then assisting in teaching a tone course commuting from the Lynden area. Would be good to meet you!
Hi Kim!
I facebook-messaged you our contact info. :)
Bummer that your silicone bakeware fell apart... I would be very disappointed if that happened, especially if we were in TZ when it happened!
Jeana
Post a Comment