This gives you an idea (if you didn't already have one) of the general landscape of the Serengeti. And by the way, it was very dusty (it's the dry season).
The Serengeti is much busier than Ruaha, and you can always tell when a fairly unique animal(s) been found because there's 43,000 trucks circling around it.
This is what we were circling around to see--a female lion. However, moments before this shot was taken, she was feeding on a large carcass.
The closest I've ever been to a hippo in the wild. They're incredibly huge.
A pretty neat close-up shot of a giraffe with some freeloading birds.
The men. The truck. The dust. Enough said.Cheers.
-T.M.


3 comments:
I especially like the view of the hippo butt. Too bad you didn't have any water balloons.
Nice pictures. I like the lion, very regal.
J. Luman
Freeloading birds; I can relate.
Post a Comment