Birthday cakes have become one of my favorite things! I love making cakes and even more than that, I love the excitement and appreciation from Micaiah, my special birthday girl! This year we plan to have lots of guests in March to help us celebrate her 5th birthday... Nana and Aunt Jaime came this past week, Grandma and Grandpa Roth are coming next week, and the week after we'll do a friends party. I got this great idea for a multi-layer rainbow cake from a seminar at
church on party planning. The facilitator forwarded lots of info, and I also found another
blog online with some additional info.
Anyway, here are some pics from my first cake adventure of the birthday season!
(minus the purple batter, which was already in the oven!)

I told Micaiah that I lost the colors... she was bummed. :) This cake was so massive that the cake cover wouldn't fit!

The happy birthday girl with the first slice.

The insides of the cake.

Oh, and with only one cake pan (which I would never again attempt!), I could not have accomplished this task without Jaime to keep me company. Thanks!
-JLR
5 comments:
So cool, I love ideas that are simplistic yet so creative. I also can't believe you got 6 layers on a cake without it collapsing. How fun, I bet she loved it!
ah, yes... we did think it might lean more than it did. but the layers are not as thick as normal-- it's only a double cake batter recipe for the whole thing. still, it was an adventure!
Several slices of this very special cake traveled all the way to Kansas City so that Micaiah's cousins could share in the excitement - too. FYI they had trouble as much trouble finishing their slices in one sitting as we did - that white chocolate icing was very rich. YUM! YUM! YUM!
so fun! i am trying to find something for freya's first...but there are so many fun ideas!
Your daughter looks so cute!
The cake looks awesome, too!
Post a Comment