So in the course of my normal web-browsing this morning, I came across an ad for the new Mayo Clinic Diet book. MayoClinic.com has been my number one resource for researching illnesses and checking symptoms for years now, so I was curious what they'd say are the keys to weight loss and being able to maintain healthy body weight. As I scanned the preview, I noticed the following line as one of the 5 key habits to break:
No TV when eating-- and only as much TV time as exercise time.
Dang. Seriously, if I were able to incorporate that into my life I would not only be in much better shape, but I would probably lose weight to boot! I love my TV time, so a goal like that would really encourage me to get out and move so I could reward myself with TV time! (or actually, the equivalent of TV rerun time on the web, since I can't stand commercials.)
Definitely something to think about...
-JLR
Are Our Headlights Out? (July 26, 2021)
5 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment