... seems like a waste of time. I mean seriously, we're hardly in any one place for more than a week. The task usually consists of putting my clothes in a drawer only to pack them up a few days later. But there's something about feeling "moved in" that can only happen once your suitcase is unpacked and sitting in the corner. So I'm putting it to my readers... to unpack or not to unpack??
Also, does anyone have any tips on how to keep the toiletries bag functional? Travel-size shampoo bottles aren't really helpful when traveling for more than a couple days, but the full-size ones take up so much room. Plus the rest of the toiletries, the first aid kit, the general meds... it fills up fast.
Too much packing on my mind as we leave for KC tomorrow. :)
-JLR
Are Our Headlights Out? (July 26, 2021)
5 years ago


3 comments:
I don't know if this is helpful, but I normally pack the first aid in a backpack with other assorted items that will go in the car with us most of the time. I hardly ever need the first aid kit at home. Meds I pack with food. I also pack big bottles of shampoo and such, because I hate having extra little bottles lying around the rest of the time. My toiletries bag is pretty big. I ziplock a lot of stuff in the bag, like hair things and such. I don't know if that is any help, but that is our routine.
Thanks Katie! We've resorted to packing the first aid kit into the backpack of miscellaneous things as well... yet because we're Roths, we tend to use ours a bit more. :)
Meds with food?? Because they need to stay cool, too?? Very interesting...
Just checking out your blog! I went with the small toiletries this time round, it was easy to buy them as we travelled round, easier than buying the big ones. But my BEST toiletries tip was a cool washbag that opens out and has a hanger so you can hang it up, find everything easily and you don't have to unpack it!
Post a Comment