Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Birthday Fun!

This past week has been birthday week in the Roth house!  Micaiah is now a big 6 year-old! 

I have been super-impressed with the gifts she's gotten this year.  If you know me well, you know how irritated I tend to get when people give us or Micaiah big, bulky, or unwanted gifts.  Don't get me wrong-- I appreciate the generosity very much.  But at the same time, we travel a lot, so such gifts tend to be impractical.  Not to mention the constant sorting and paring down we do of the toy-bin.  And I am the one who has to tell her that she can't keep it all.  She just doesn't need so much stuff.  None of us do, really.  Back to the point... I have been really impressed by her birthday gifts this year!  She got a new Bible (that we asked for), paints/paper, doodle/logic books, a Webkinz, books, a savings bond, a certificate for a "fun outing," a dvd, new rain boots, and her ears pierced (our gift to her).  What a great variety! 

Thanks to all who have sent/given such thoughtful gifts that still keep in mind the nomadic lifestyle we live.  I appreciate you more than you can know!!!

-JLR

No comments: