Monday, November 16, 2009

Church Split

Over the past few months, one of our supporting churches has split. Well, perhaps 'split' isn't the right word... it's more 'exploded.' Only a core of people remain and the rest have been scattered to other churches in the area. I don't know which side is right (though I have my suspicions...) and quite frankly it isn't my issue to judge unless everyone wants to present evidence from both sides and have me judge for real once I have all of the unbiased facts... and sorry, but I don't see that happening. I love people on both sides, so what do I do? Tim and I have prayed a lot and have decided it is wise to stay out of it unless we are called in to be reconciliation facilitators (again, HIGHLY unlikely). We have loyalties on both sides and hope to uphold them all and love the Body of Christ (broken as it may be) as best we can.

-JLR

No comments: