So it crossed my mind as Micaiah were making a huge pile of Halloween candy wrappers (ahem!!) that Canadian candy is really quite different than American candy. Not so much in sugar content or even taste, but I didn't realize how many different names were out there. In the US we're used to Halloween bags full of snickers, butterfinger, reeses, crunch, hersheys, and m&ms. This year Micaiah got mostly crispy crunch, wunderbar, smarties (the chocolates, not the little sugar rolls!), caramilk, and coffee crisp (yuck!). There was some crossover like twizzlers, starburst, reeses, and kitkat, but I was amazed at what made up the majority of her candy bucket!
We're not THAT far north of the US-Canadian border, but sometimes it sure feels like it!
-JLR
Are Our Headlights Out? (July 26, 2021)
5 years ago


3 comments:
Interesting!!! At least you still got a few reeses :-) I had Jacob helping me out on that front this year. Any time he got to pick which piece of candy he got, he picked the famous PB cups... Why??? "Because you and I REALLY like those mom..."
I pulled a lot of the chocolate out of our buckets, though, and put it in the freezer. Chop it up and it makes a great add in for cookies! And if it's in the freezer I'm less likely to eat it all at once.
Nice! No, my problem is that i KNOW they're in the freezer and really like frozen chocolate... I actually had to stop freezing cookie dough, too, bc I found I'd just pop in a dough ball anytime I wanted a snack!
We sorted through Micaiah's candy last night and Tim's taking the rest to give away to the people in his class! I'm glad to have most of it out of the house!
Dave's Mom grew up on that candy in South Africa, and buys it in Canada when they are there for vacation. I am of similar opinion on the lack of taste, but Dave think that stuff is the bomb. So funny.
Post a Comment