






Micaiah in her giraffe costume (a hand-me-down from her cousins). Giraffes are her favorite animal. 

So the funniest thing happened last night while I was handing out candy to trick-or-treaters. First of all, Halloween is really big here in BC. REALLY big. There are houses really elaborately decorated. One of our neighbors even staged a car vs bicycle accident in his driveway, complete with loads of fake blood! There are also lots of fireworks throughout the night and especially late in the evening. It was strange but we had been forewarned, for which I was very thankful. Anyway, a boy--probably 9 or 10 yrs old-- walked up to our door. We happened to be in our entry way and saw him reach for the doorbell (there's a window by the front door). At the exact moment he reached for the doorbell a neighbor set off a firework in our yard and it triggered the alarm in a truck parked on the street. He was so terrified! As I gave him candy, I would have sworn he had pooped in his pants bc it smelled awful! I felt so bad for the kid and yet, it was the funniest thing I'd seen all day!-JLR


2 comments:
Ok - so I am reading this, but mostly got on to see the pics. To be honest, though, I didn't even know you had a blog... Is there a way for me to get an email when you add a new post? I think I might actually prefer to read updates here over facebook since I'm never on there anyway...
Yep, I just added a subscribe feature on the right bar (click on posts). Or if you have a blog, you can become a follower. I've been playing with this a bit since 2008, but only recently resurrected it. I'm hoping to keep it up more regularly, but we shall see...
Post a Comment