Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Health Insurance

Can I just say that I hate health insurance? I mean, I know it's better to have health insurance than to not, but it sure does seem like a scam. I don't know what the right answers are. I've heard stories of weaknesses in the Canadian system, but to be honest it works well for what we need right now. I hate that we have to again enter into the US system where you have to pay copays in addition to over-inflated premium costs and a substantial deductible... there has to be a better way. I wish I knew what it was and could help implement it, but I'm at a loss.

Back to the stack of medical history forms that are just one small part of our massive short-term international health insurance application...

-JLR

2 comments:

Katie said...

I am surprised that Wycliffe doesn't have all of that worked out for you all, or is it that you opted out while you were in Canada...anyway, I understand your pain, as we go back and forth with jobs and government health care, and then back to a whole new system after that nifty 90 day waiting period. Lots of decisions to make. My parents have a pretty great policy, but it covers less in the states because the health care costs more. Still, at least they don't have to go back and forth. :)

the Roths said...

We do have a Wycliffe plan, but last fall we were able to opt out while in Canada since we have to be on BC provincial healthcare whether we have anything else or not (a policy of the school). The Wycliffe plan is just really expensive because we pay both the employer and employee parts. But it is a worldwide plan, so it has its advantages.

Health insurance is just a nightmare, but somehow (sorry!) it's comforting to know we're not the only ones who can't just have it easy... :)