Saturday, May 7, 2011

14 Days To Go

Today was a bit better emotionally.  Still many tears, but there were lots of practical things to keep my hands busy.  That gives my mind (and my tear-ful eyes!) a bit of a break from thinking too much.  As we're now in the final two weeks (!!!), we will start packing things up bit by bit until we've pulled all of our personal stuff out of this place and it becomes merely a guesthouse.  I'm kicking myself that I didn't take more pictures of the inside the way we had it set up.   

We spent some time packing up Micaiah's room this afternoon.  Her attitude was beyond amazing.  There were things that she definitely wanted to keep, but so many others that she was willing to let go.  I kept hearing her say, "I think my friend, ______, would really like this... it would help them remember me."  Oh sweet girl!  Like anyone could ever forget you! 

And yet, I think that's my fear, too.  Being forgotten.  Out of sight, out of mind.  Funny how something as "simple" as an international move brings such deep fears to the surface. 

We also watched Les Miserables this evening.  I've known the general outline of the story, but had never read the book or watched the movie.  (I know!  Shame on me, right?)  I was stunned by the depth of the characters and humbled by the example of mercy.  And the story so naturally translates to spiritual truths...I've been bought at a very high price... do I pour that love onto others as well?  Or do I judge them with the law?  Does the fruit of the spirit in me show that I am a changed woman?  Such good questions to think about. 

-JLR

3 comments:

Kirstie said...

No one could forget you either, Jeana. And just think, I've only met you twice in our lives so that should carry some weight, shouldn't it? I know what you mean, though. Transition is so hard... but He's got joy planned for you in the next place, too!

the Roths said...

Thanks Kirstie! Your words of encouragement mean a lot to me. Funny you should mention joy, too... that concept of joy in the midst of suffering/trials/transition/etc has come up several times in the past week! I know I'm thick-headed sometimes, but even I can sense that God is trying to get my attention! :)

Kirstie said...

I just read your latest post about joy- I'll take some of that too! Joy and gratitude are two spiritual themes in my life that have been cropping up a lot. I'd like a lot more of both. That was a good reminder that we can't manufacture the fruit of the spirit ourselves.