But I don't want to leave Langley!
I know, I know... I sound like a two year-old. But that doesn't change the fact that the past two years have held some of my fondest memories, my closest friendships, and one of the healthiest seasons that my little family of three has ever had, spiritually and emotionally. Physically we've had our battles, but the access to amazing healthcare (ie: my naturopathic doctor and our TWU clinic doctor, who knows us by name!) has been so stellar that even that has been a blessing! We have incredible friends, we have a terrific church, we have valuable work and roles here. And now it's time to move on. I'd be lying if I said it didn't hurt. It hurts a lot. It makes me sob and cry out, "Why God, why!?!"
"Because you're not done, Jeana. There's still work to do." I know this. And in one sense I am excited and eager to get back to this work and to our new home in Tanzania. But in another very real sense, this sucks! The emotional stress of frequent goodbyes and international moves is by far my least favorite part of being a missionary.
Random fact... I sometimes have projectile tears. That's right. I sometimes cry so hard that the tears practically shoot out of my eyes because they can't get out of there before new ones are already on their heels... and there will no doubt be many more tears in the weeks to come.
Langley, BC has been by far one of our favorite places to live and work. I'm so thankful to have had the chance to live here... BC truly is one of the most beautiful places on earth. Two weeks to go.
-JLR
Are Our Headlights Out? (July 26, 2021)
5 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment